Aviva rolls out Quotemehappy.com Essentials auto insurance at a lower cost
Aviva has deployed its offer at a lower cost quotemehappy.com car insurance product at all major price comparison websites.
The product, called quotemehappy.com Essentials, provides comprehensive car insurance without certain cover items such as personal effects, European cover and windshield or glass only claims. It complements the existing quotemehappy.com Plus, its next-level car insurance product.
Quotemehappy.com is online only and self-service, providing simple, low-cost auto, home and life insurance. Customers can buy, renew or change their policies online and have access to a 24/7 claims service.
Karl Mackender, head of retail (price comparison sites) at Aviva, said: “The launch of Essentials car insurance follows the successful introduction of other Aviva tiered insurance products which offer greater flexibility to customers. Feedback shows that customers want comprehensive coverage, but don’t always need all the features some policies offer. For example, customers with older cars may not qualify for new car replacement coverage that is included in many auto insurance policies.
“At a time when people are facing a higher cost of living, we believe quotemehappy.com Essentials will appeal to motorists who are more cost-conscious and want the reassurance of comprehensive coverage, but don’t want to pay for coverage they don’t need.
“However, it is important for motorists to check that they have the right cover for their needs. Although a lower cost policy may work out a little cheaper initially, some items are excluded, so it’s worth considering if you could afford to pay for these things if something goes wrong. Some people might prefer to buy a more comprehensive policy that covers a wider range of events, should the worst happen.
Comparative overview of quotemehappy.com car insurance
Insurance coverage Quotemehappy Quotemehappy
New car replacement Not included Included
Personal effects Not included £150
Personal accident cover £1,000 £2,500
European coverage Not included 180 days
Windshield or Glass Claims Only Not Included Included
Courtesy vehicle during the repair Included Included
To help you save money, Aviva has provided some car insurance tips:
- Check your mileage – make sure your policy reflects the number of miles you drive – do not overestimate or underestimate your mileage as you may pay more, or it may affect a claim
- Pay only for the type of driving you do – if you don’t use your car to get to work, make sure you don’t pay for commuting cover
- Check where you park your car – if you can, park your car overnight in your driveway or garage – – some insurers offer discounts if a car is kept off the road
- Check your coverage – most policies have additional covers that you can choose to add for an additional premium. Check what coverage you have because you may be paying for things you don’t need
- Consider an Essentials Font – some insurers offer a lower tier policy that still provides full coverage without certain coverage options. But check if you can afford to pay something in the event of a claim if it is not covered by your policy
- Choose a higher deductible level – most car insurance policies have a standard deductible if you make a claim, but you can choose to select a higher deductible which can often reduce your premium
In addition to two levels of car insurance, quotemehappy.com offers three levels of home insurance – Essentials, Essentials Plus and Premier – and life insurance. quotemehappy.com products are available for purchase on price comparison sites or directly at https://www.quotemehappy.com/.
- We are the UK’s leading insurance, wealth management and pensions company and operate in the UK, Ireland and Canada. We also have international investments in Singapore, China and India.
- We help our 18.5 million customers get the most out of life, plan for the future, and know that if things go wrong, we’ll be there to fix them.
- We’ve been caring for people for 325 years, consistent with our goal of “with you today, for a better tomorrow”. In 2021, we paid out £30.2 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is a market leader in sustainability. In 2021, we announced our intention to become a net-zero carbon company by 2040, the first major insurance company in the world to do so. This plan means zero net carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; define a clear trajectory to achieve this with a 25% reduction in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and 60% by 2030; and net zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. To learn more about our climate goals, visit www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our ambition for sustainable development www.aviva.com/sustainability.
- Aviva is a living wage and living hours employer and offers industry-leading benefits to our employees, including flexible working, paid caregiver leave and equal parental leave. Learn more at https://www.aviva.com/about-us/our-people/
- As of June 30, 2022, total Group assets under management at Aviva Group were £353 billion and our Solvency II excess capital was £10.3 billion. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 Index.
- For more details about what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
(Image from press release: https://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/6/295152/295152-1.jpg )
This news content was set up by WebWire’s editorial staff. Linking is allowed.
Press release distribution and press release distribution services provided by WebWire.