How Drivers Can Negotiate Lower Auto Insurance Rates With Their Auto Insurance Providers
Compare-autoinsurance.org has launched a new blog post that features several important tips that will help drivers negotiate lower auto insurance premiums.
For more information and free auto insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/can-you-negotiate-for-lower-car-insurance-rates/
Negotiating a lower auto insurance premium with the insurer is similar to negotiating a lower rate with any other service provider. Policyholders should call the company, politely explain the situation, and see if they can offer a better rate. Policyholders who have been dealing with the same provider for many years and who have multiple home and auto insurance policies with the company are in a better position to negotiate a lower rate than someone who bought an insurance policy during the week last.
To increase the chances of getting a better deal from the insurer, drivers should follow the following tips:
Be polite but firm. Calling an auto insurance company asking for lower premiums may not be a good idea. Most specialists recommend a polite but firm approach.
- Be persistent. Most supplier representatives will initially deny any request for reduced premiums. Policyholders must be persistent in their demands. It also helps if they explain to representatives that they have been customers of the company for many years and have many policies available to them.
- Online research scripts. Drivers can find various scripts online explaining how to negotiate lower auto insurance premiums. These scripts explain what drivers should say to be more likely to get a discount and how they should respond if the insurer denies their claim.
- Look for comparable auto insurance policies. Sometimes drivers are not entitled to a discount because they are already paying a competitive insurance premium. Drivers should check if they can find comparable insurance plans at cheaper premiums. If they can’t find one, then their chances of getting a lower premium are very low.
- Ask about discounts. Insurance companies offer many different discounts. Policyholders should inquire about bundle discounts, discounts on safety equipment, discounts on defensive driving, discounts on good students, etc.
- Find out about changing the policy. Policyholders can get lower premiums by simply removing unnecessary coverages. For example, drivers who have a
AAAmembers can opt out of roadside assistance.
- Compare the prices. There are many brokerage websites that allow users to easily compare auto insurance premiums between providers. Drivers should compare multiple quotes online and check the offers. If the rates offered are significantly lower, drivers can use this information when negotiating.
- Prepare for rejection. Auto insurance companies frequently receive calls from their customers who want lower insurance premiums. Usually the customer service agent will tell you that the rates are fixed and cannot be adjusted. This is not true in most cases and the rates are negotiable.
- Get a higher deductible. One of the most popular methods of reducing auto insurance premiums is to increase the deductible. Drivers who have a
$ 500deductible can get a substantial discount by simply increasing the deductible to $ 1,000.
- Hang up and call back. Sometimes drivers may have a customer agent who is unwilling to negotiate anything. In this case, policyholders must call back and try again with another agent.
For more information, money saving tips and free auto insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique in that it is not limited to just one type of insurance provider, but offers customers the best deals from many different online insurers. This way, customers have access to offers from multiple carriers in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or national agencies, branded insurance companies, etc.
Read the full article at https://www.prweb.com/releases/how_drivers_can_negotiate_lower_car_insurance_rates_with_their_car_insurance_providers/prweb18267080.htm